Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wonderwoman tackles Spring Cleaning




I used to LOVE Wonderwoman. She was BAD. For Halloween one year (I was maybe 10 or 11), I had my new Wonderwoman UnderRoos (who didn't?) and my dad made a red cape for me. I put on my brown cowgirl boots and made a Wonderwoman tiara and cuffs out of yellow construction paper. My lasso was a long piece of painted rope my dad had used on one of his fishing trips. It was the best costume E-VER.

So recently I found myself trying to conjure up my bionic powers. Not to save the world or rescue a little lost cat from a tree, but to attack the one thing every woman must conquer at this time of year.

Spring Cleaning.

One of my favorite websites for years has been OrganizedHome.com. Author Cynthia Ewer has, thankfully, broken down the idea of annual spring cleaning into managable, room-by-room tasklists that enable even the most out-of-practice wonderwomen to tackle the entire house in about two weeks. The great thing about this time is that Easter break will allow most families to enlist all members, young and old, for help with this year's cleaning. We don't have to do it all ourselves, and it doesn't have to be flawless. we just have to get it done. Remember, we're Wonderwomen, not God.

http://organizedhome.com/cleaning-grand-plan/welcome

Thank you Cynthia.

So I'm calling all Wonderwomen. Forget the tiara and cuffs. Arm yourselves with a good plan and some bumping theme music. Spin around three times, and kick some serious butt.

Your mission is clear.

Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. I have been trying to figure out what to tackle first. We keep our place pretty clean and it we only have a one bedroom apartment complete with a balcony, but I just need to tap into my inner wonder woman and get motivated!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete